Europe Trip: Flying to Munich, Germany in Lufthansa Airbus A350

Initially, I had a desire to travel to Europe but was uncertain about the specific destination. I knew that Switzerland could be expensive, so I decided to use Google Flights to search for the cheapest available tickets to Europe. I had a preference for flying into one country and departing from another, but I soon realized that such itineraries were more costly. As a result, I compromised and chose to fly in and out of different cities instead. Each air ticket cost SGD$1218.20, inclusive of all taxes and fees. While it may not have been the absolute cheapest option on Google Flights, it was the most affordable choice for a non-stop weekend flight.

Despite having planned for this independent trip to Europe for three months, I had to juggle various responsibilities, such as preparing for my piano exam, managing my full-time job, and organizing the lucky draw for an event at my office. Consequently, I was only able to complete 70% of my travel planning. Nevertheless, we embarked on our journey without a fully mapped out itinerary for Frankfurt and Vienna. This time, we aimed to cover three countries and visit eight cities. The route we planned was as follows:

Munich, Germany -> Prague, Czech Republic -> Vienna, Austria -> Hallstatt, Austria -> Salzburg, Austria -> Innsbruck, Austria -> Stuttgart, Germany -> Frankfurt, Germany

Even on the day of our departure, I was still working as I had used my annual leave to cover the duration of the trip. The following was my tentative plan for the day we flew, and remarkably, things unfolded quite closely to what I had anticipated.

6pm: Run out of office.

7pm: Reach home, bathe.

7:30pm: Grab your bags and take a bus to Changi Airport

8:30pm, Reach Airport, Check in.

Explore the Christmas-themed decorations in all 3 terminals inside. If there is no time for all 3 terminals, check online to find out which terminal has the most interesting Christmas decorations. You have around 2 hours before most things start closing. Nothing in this paragraph happens.

Have your dinner in a nice cafe. For dinner, I opted for a quick and convenient meal from 7-Eleven, choosing some shake salads. However, I found the experience to be rather disappointing. The cost of two salads amounted to SGD$18, which I considered quite expensive given the taste and quality of the food. Unfortunately, the salads did not meet my expectations in terms of flavor and overall enjoyment.

11:55pm: Flying non-stop from Singapore Changi Airport, Terminal 3. 13hrs to Munich on SQ2203, Airbus A350-900, Operated by Lufthansa.

During the flight, we were assigned window seats at the end of the plane. This was only the second time I had ever taken this type of seat. However, I found it to be rather uncomfortable due to the seating arrangement. The person in front of me had the ability to recline their seat, but I was unable to do so because of a "wall" behind me. As a result, I had limited space and couldn't adjust my seat for added comfort. This made the journey less enjoyable and left me feeling somewhat cramped throughout the flight.

At the start of the flight, I had the opportunity to capture some stunning photographs through the window. However, my excitement was short-lived as we were instructed to pull down the window blinds after just half an hour of the flight taking off. This meant that the window seat no longer provided any view of the outside world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment