Europe Day 3: Munich to Prague, Czech Republic on Flixbus | Náměstí Míru Christmas Market

We arrived at the Munich central bus station at 8:30 am. The Flixbus tickets, purchased online six days prior to flying to Munich, cost €27.99 per person for the journey from Munich central bus station to Prague Main Railway station. Our Flixbus departed at 9am sharp.

In hindsight, I wished I had selected seats on the upper level right in front of the bus for a better view of the breathtaking scenery along the way.

Upon reaching Prague Main Railway station at 1:50 pm, we made our way to Hotel St George, where I had booked a room for two nights. The total cost was SGD$100.77, with SGD$11.24 to be paid upon arrival at the hotel. By the time we arrived at the hotel, it was already 2:20 pm.

The currency in Czech Republic is the koruna, not the euro. As I do not want to spending time searching for a better exchange rate, I exchanged some euros to koruna at the hotel lobby. For this trip, I wanted to use my credit cards for most of my purchases, as I have got no idea how much will I be spending. If I have exchanged too much cash, I will not be able to exchange the leftover koruna into SGD when I am back in Singapore.

After a brief rest in our hotel room, we set off towards Náměstí Míru, the central square of Vinohrady, which features a park at its center. The square is dominated by the impressive neo-Gothic Cathedral of St. Ludmila, constructed in 1888. We were fortunate to visit during a Christmas market taking place in the square, adding to the festive atmosphere.

For dinner, we indulged in a delicious sausage accompanied by a piece of bread and two types of sauce. We also had fish chips for 120CZK, along with other local treats. Unfortunately, I forgot to capture photos of the remaining food we enjoyed.

As winter cast its dark veil over Prague, the sky grew dim as early as 4:45 pm. Our internal body clocks, maybe influenced by jetlag, kept reminding us that it was late and time for bed. Consequently, we decided to return to our hotel after exploring the Christmas market at Náměstí Míru.


No comments:

Post a Comment