Repotting Rockmelon Plants


Finally I have found a container that was big enough to be recycle as my rockmelon pot. I was reluctant to buy a new pot. I have tried a new way of setting up the pot. After drilling holes in the container, I use used egg shells at the bottom of the container. After that, I broke a big piece of styrofoam into small pieces and fill the gaps between the eggs shells. I added soil to cover the eggshells and the styrofoams.


I have google and some said that eggshells took around 3 years to be decomposed. I dun think I have to wait for 3 years before the eggshells at the bottom give way. I hope that my compost will be ready before the eggshells give way so that I can top up with compost.

edited 19 July 2015: Threw away. The young dried up and died.

No comments:

Post a Comment