A little sunlight for my compost


I am happy to spend more time at home. Anyway, I came back home today and realise the western sunlight has go through my master bedroom. I quickly bring my compost bin out to get some sunlight hoping that it will turn warm. My compost bin had been staying in a dark corner of my kitchen. It has never become warm. I guess that the reason why it has not turn warm is because of it size. I use a CNY love letter plastic container because I was not sure how things will turn out. I did not want a big container as I was ready to dump everything into the bin if this horrible thing turn stinky or insects began to attack it. It was more for experiment purpose.

Well, it did get stinky at one point, but it was easy to fix. I added more shred paper, give it a good stir and the smell was gone the next day. However, my whole kitchen did stinky when I was stirring it for the very first time. 



As my first compost bin get full, I began throwing away my tea bags and kitchen scrap again. I felt horrible and wasteful. I am happy again after getting a similar container from my mom and I have started a new bin again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment