Reflections 2023

In 2023, I successfully tackled the challenge of learning the third piece for my piano exam in 2024. Although not flawless, the process seemed more efficient compared to my previous grade 5 exam. Unlike many, I prefer not to publicly share my New Year resolutions due to the fear of potential embarrassment if I fall short. However, I'm breaking that habit this year to set clear goals for 2024.

My primary objective is to achieve distinction in my grade 6 piano exam. Simultaneously, I aim to generate a monthly income from my online venture while implementing strategies to reduce my overall expenses. Additionally, I aspire to cultivate more confidence and positivity in my personal and professional life.

Reflecting on my travels in 2023, they were all within Malaysia. Highlights included a company trip to Malacca and a 9-day road trip spanning Johore Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, Kuantan, Mersing, and Kulai. However, these experiences were marked by health challenges.

My legs and feet swelled, leading to a biopsy that revealed leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Further complications arose, including blurry vision, attributed to dry eyes. Although initial suspicions pointed to rheumatoid arthritis, subsequent expensive blood tests yielded negative results. Despite this, my doctor suggests Sjogren's Syndrome may be the culprit and recommended a mouth biopsy, which I declined. The journey involved weeks of steroid treatment, with occasional setbacks, but overall, I'm on the path to recovery.


In the professional realm, a crisis unfolded in one of my projects at work. Though not my fault, it affected everyone, creating a chaotic atmosphere with agitated bosses and increased workloads.

Meanwhile, my mother faced a health scare with glaucoma, requiring urgent hospitalization. The situation added stress, as I couldn't take leave to care for her. Fortunately, her day surgery went smoothly, but complications arose from eye drops, causing high blood pressure. The ongoing concern prompted further hospital visits.

Amidst these challenges, I embarked on my entrepreneurial journey with Keepsake Printable. A critical situation arose when I lost access to my website dashboard after updating plugins, causing panic. Resolving the issue required disabling all plugins and gradually reactivating them, a process that brought my site back to life. During the downtime, thoughts of migrating to Shopify to streamline operations crossed my mind, considering the time-consuming nature of crisis management and coding. As I weigh the pros and cons, the idea of concentrating on product creation and marketing gains appeal, making a platform shift a serious consideration for the future.

As I bid farewell to the rollercoaster that was 2023, I carry with me the lessons learned from the highs of musical achievements, the lows of health struggles, and the resilience discovered in navigating professional and entrepreneurial challenges. Looking ahead to 2024, I face the new year with a determination to conquer my piano exam, meet financial goals, and continue the journey of self-improvement. With each twist and turn, I find solace in the belief that every setback is an opportunity for growth, and every challenge is a stepping stone toward a brighter, more harmonious future. Here's to embracing the melody of possibilities in the upcoming chapters of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment